"One pack of Depends please! STAT!"
It's totally wild how a few short weeks ago all I could think about was the impending doom of stretch marks.
Now?
All I can think is: "Oh my God! The only way out of this situation is pushing HIM out!"
Im suddenly overwhelmed with the very idea of labor and delivery and yet...
I cannot wait!
Im a mixed-up ball of emotions...and have been for the last week now.
"Im having a baby!? When the hell did this happen!? Where did time go!? Im sooo not ready!"
and then...moments later...
"IM HAVING A BABY! He is going to be so cute! Get him out right now, Im sooooo READY!"
It's wild.
It's insane.
It's the oddest thing I have ever done in my life.
Now, let me tell you something you probably do not want to hear. (But because I can, Im sharing it anyway.)
Im seriously considering the purchase of Adult diapers.
Why didnt anyone inform me that everytime I sneeze (or cough)...a small stream of urine will squirt out and drip down my leg?
Did anyone not think this bit of info is at all important!?
I mean HELLO people, this is huge news! Pee suddenly emerging without warning is not OK!
And yes, I've been doing my Kegels. So there.
My pee-squirts have gotten so bad that Ben now knows about them and expects them like he expects the sun to rise each morning.
Our nights go something like this:
Ben: So today i was walking...
Shelli: :::Insert loud sneeze:::
Ben: (Looks at me with sympathy) Did you pee?
Shelli: Yes! Oh God! (I rush to the bathroom only to hear him giggle softly as I leave)
I am a firm believer in Adult diapers. I think they may help me.
I may need them for night time too.
Because I cannot sleep anymore.
Wait, scratch that.
I totally CAN sleep...but like a newborn baby...
I get up every two hours to pee and cry.
Cry because I pee.
Pee because I sneeze.
I cannot win!
And there are two other things I would like to share.
1. I cannot stop "nesting". Everything needs to be in place...I have turned into my Mother.
2. I have leg cramps now. And even watching the Amazing Race...cant take my mind off of them.
So...there. Im pregant and Im peeing, crying, crazy and crampy.
Anyone want to hang out with me?
Haha.
For some good news:
My little ping pong is right on schedule and even though he has a two vessel cord instead of a three vessel cord...he is growing just like any normal baby. YAY! Yesterday the Dr. estimated that he will be 8 lbs. Ek!
I must leave now... you guessed it...
I have to pee.... again.
Thanks for all the good vibes!!! xoxo ~Shells










6 Comments:
You're doing great, Shells. Ra Ra Ra...
J~
If we told you beforehand that pregnancy was like this would you have:
a. believed us?
b. aborted immediately?
c. divorced Ben, cut off his joy toy for even thinking about sex?
d. all of the above?
Now just wait until it becomes time to pass a watermelon through your vagina...
Shelli!!! I''m so glad everything is going so well for you all, even if you still have to rest so much AND pee down your leg!! WORTH IT! I pushed out an 8 pounder with no drugs, yelled obscenities like a crazy woman...but WORTH IT! I've been worried about you since June, thank you for writing again!!!! xo Phinney
you will pee everytime you laugh from now on. really. expect it.
hemorroid problems yet?
Hey there! I use to read your journal while you were still at AOL, and well ... I tracked ya down! Congrats on the baby! I am so happy for you! And looking foward to keep up with ya this time! *wink* I got to update you link on my page now! hehe!
LORI
Who I am… underneath it all:
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe
Precious Metal (A Spiritual Journal)
http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal
All I can say is Cat... thats dirty. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home