The Long Way.

The Dixie Chicks' new CD is out! This is the day I have waited for well, since I learned every song word for word on the last CD...which if I'm being at all honest about my Dixie Chick-Obsessed-Self took all of a week.
And yea, in case you were wondering why my screen name is dazeychic, it's because of them.... but dixie was taken and I like daisies so I took that instead...but the CHIC is ALL about the CHICK in Dixie. Yea, isn't that interesting? Thought you'd like that tid bit.
I'm not quite sure how to explain my feelings about the Chicks. It's as if I just GET them. I feel every word Natalie sings and the music just plain moves me... and I hardly call myself a crazy country girl.
The Dixie Chicks seem to be with me through every big step in my life and this CD is no exception.
The song "Lullaby" caught me off guard and as pathetic as it sounds, I was sobbing.
I thought about the little baby growing inside me and I lost it.
It's those little moments that you realize your feelings can literally be wrapped in a song and tied with a bow.
It was that meaningful.
And this CD, Taking The Long Way, couldn't have come out on a better day.
We had a little Ping Pong scare today.
I had been bleeding all night long and into the morning...
and anyone knows that when a little baby is wiggling inside you, the very LAST thing you want to see is blood.
Well, needless to say I went to the Dr and found out that Ping Pong is indeed still dancing around inside his cute little sac and that I have a small hemorrhage that was causing me to bleed...Lots.
But I'm Ok, and Ping is even better.
It grew a whole centimeter and is now 2 inches big.
In a week!
Fabulous.
I feel relieved and nervous all rolled into one...
But my Mom is my saving grace right now, telling me what I need to hear. I'd be lost without her.
Anyway, the Chicks are like the frosting on the cake! I get good news about Ping Pong and then I hear some of the most beautiful songs ever...
Why anyone cares about the Bush comment is beyond me. We live in the USA and freedom of speech is what we all have, why so much drama over one silly thing? They as people are bigger than that, and so are we. Forgive and Forget. Dammit.
Anyway, where was I?
I seem to have lost my train of thought! (Now there is a Surprise!)
Oh, yea, my point!
The song "Lullaby" is just perfect...
"Never knew the best was yet to come....life began when I saw your face...How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?"
It's soft and sweet and just...aww.
I needed to hear that today.
I needed to forget the bad.....
and look forward to the good.
Like hearing Ping Pong giggle for the first time...
and watching her/him learn to talk...
I really thought I was going to loose all those chances today.
I think that was the first time I felt fear.
Wanna hear "Lullaby" and the rest of The Dixie Chicks, Taking The Way CD? Click here! (And don't forget to Thank AOL!)
And my little Ping Pong, I will never give you up...you gave Mommy and everyone a scare today...let's not do that again ok?
More Later....










4 Comments:
[quote] And yea, in case you were wondering why my screen name is dazeychic, it's because of them.... but dixie was taken and I like daisies so I took that instead...but the CHIC is ALL about the CHICK in Dixie. Yea, isn't that interesting? Thought you'd like that tid bit. [/quote]
So interesting! I had no idea! Woah, somthing totaly new... weird, and I thought I knew everything.
^Oh and I really mean that, its true, no scarcasim intented whatsoever.
Hahaha AceMan Brofo! You are like the coolest dude on the planet!
(No sarcasm there either! Hehe!)
XOXO ~Shells
Aww, Shells! I am so happy that everything is ok with Ping Pong! I would've cried if anything happened! I think I would've been finding a way to come see ya too, as I know you would need lots of hugs .... um and how bout some chocolate? OH YEAH!
I never knew that about your s/n .... interesting piece of info .... I'm glad that you shared that! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home