Belli!



Just what is Belli!?
It's a journey!

A journey from married-hood to parent-hood. Yup, thats right. We are having a baby! A tiny, mini, kid made up of cute little Ben and Shelli parts. Im praying the little one gets my feet and Bens smile!

(Belli= Ben + Shelli)

Friday, April 07, 2006

Im knocked up!

So, Im pregnant!

Im overwhelmingly happy and scared shitless at the exact same time!

Signs started two weeks ago...

I thought I was getting my period.

I was feeling like a whale, crabby and tired...

The normal monthly thing.

But then, suddenly, things were slightly off.

For instance...

One night Ben and I were sitting on the couch and I smelled something.

It was a gross smell, it made my stomach completely flip out.

So I did what anyone does!

I sniffed the air like a cat and demanded Ben find the smell immediately.

He follows my lead...

sniffing the air, tilting his head and staring at me like I had lost my mind,

"Shell! I don't smell anything!"

"Oh my God! How do you not smell that!?" I shrieked.

He took out the garbage at my instruction and sat back down on the couch.

"Is that better?"

"Yup." I shrugged, "Thanks sweetie."

And then, all remained calm for a mere minute... until I caught another whiff of the same smell.

"Ew! I still smell it!" I crinkled my nose and shoved it into a throw pillow.

And then, Ben said it.

"Are you pregnant?"

I sat there, silent, taking in his words and stared at him in shock.

"Why do you say that?" I giggled.

"I dunno." He shrugged while flipping the channel to ESPN. "I think I read somewhere that pregnant women have a heightened sense of smell!"

I got a good laugh from that.

I ignored the smell and Ben's comment and went on with my night.

But then something else happened.

I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel like Niagra Falls was about to pee right out of me.

Like, I mean, I had to PEE. Like NOW.

So I threw myself out of bed and raced to the bathroom with moments to spare.

It was at that moment, while sitting in the dark bathroom clutching the toilet paper that I thought,

"Holy Shit, I think Im pregnant."

Yes, excuse the language, but if Im being at all honest with you and myself... That was exactly what I thought.

And so...

the Pregnancy Test Adventure began...

The first one was a cute little dip stick in a pink box.

First response said NO.

So I waited another day....

The second test was not so cute and said EPT.

Yea, EPT said NO too.

Luckily, I was getting ultra smart and bought a two pack...

So I took a third test that same night.

"That blue line is sorta there!" Ben gasped while bending to examine the stick.

"Yea, but it shouldnt be sorta there! It should totally be there really bright and bold...like the picture on the box!" I showed him the box and sighed.

"So are you?" He said.

"I dunno, what do you think?"

We stared at that half-positive stick for a good ten minutes before declaring I would need to go to the doctor to be sure.

In comes Wednesday April 5th.

I had a nifty little appointment to have my nails done at my sisters school. (Where she is becoming a cool cosmetologist and needs cool models to help her practice.)

I stop at Caribou Coffee, which by the way I LIVE for, and got a nice little Caramel Coffee Cooler.

I arrive at the school ready for my appointment...

and just as Im sitting down with my lovely sister who is excited to do my nails...

I hear her talking and suddenly the room begins to shrink down...

Like a tiny, tiny box...

and Ruthie's talking...

and I feel as though my head is going to explode...

Ruth's voice drowns out into a "blah blah blahhhh blah blah..."

"I have to go. I don't feel good all of a sudden." I manage to say quickly...

"Huh?" Ruthie looks up at me with panic in her little eyes and points to the bathroom.

I practically sprint into a stall and pray to God and all of the world that I don't faint and embarrass myself.

But, I felt horrible!!!

Like the world was spinning...

my head was dripping with sweat...

my makeup was melting off, my nose was running....

I sat on the toilet with my pants still on... not caring how many germs I had just gotten on my new black gaucho pants...

and breathed in and out.... in and out...

I prayed that Ruthie would come check on me.

And like a good little sister, she did.

"Shelli?"

She sounded like an angel.

"Im in here! Come in here with me! Can you come in here?"

"Come unlock the door." She said.

And after I let her in the shit (again, excuse the language, but it was quite dramatic) hit the fan.

My wonderful Caramel Coffee Cooler came roaring out of me.

I threw up every last bit that was in my stomach.

"Oh my God!" I breathed to Ruthie.

"You know what this means!?" She gasped.

(I had already informed my brother and sisters that my Aunt-Flow was late and the possibility of popping out a little one was well, possible. Of course, they were sworn to secrecy and I took a pint of blood from each of them to ensure their promise.)

"I'm pregnant!" I half laughed. "And oh my gosh, I feel sooooo much better after puking!"

Ruth left school....we got yet another test...and whoala! It said pregnant within two seconds of my pee hitting the stick...

So there you have it.

Im pregnant!

And its off to the Doc. next week!

Ben is beaming.

But we haven't told a soul yet...

I have some risks that could become complications....

And Im trying to be safe and smart about things without blabbing to the whole world.

We are going to tell our parents on Mothers Day.

What a cool gift.

"Hey Mom! Your gonna be a grandma!"

She will die.

Right then and there we will have to pick her up off the floor.

Everyone was quite certain Ben and I weren't going to have kids.

We weren't even sure.

But God was.

And wow.

Im in awe.

Im puking and peeing and, if anyone needs a girl with a nose like a bloodhound.... Im your chick!

I can smell things miles away!

I am having a baby!

EK!!!






More Later......

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki247 said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I am so happy for you!! And...you know what's ultra cool?? You found out ALMOST the same time I did LAST YEAR! How weird is that?? I am so happy for you and I am so excited to read EVERY detail of your pregnancy!! YAY YAY YAY!! Don't worry, the morning sickness will past and then its SMOOTH sailing from then! I can't wait to chat with you!!!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home