"I never knew boobs could get this big!"
FYI Since Entry:Number Of Candy Bars Eaten: 1 Almond Joy (See entry for
explanation)Number Of Times I have peed: 8,900Number Of Times I have said "ew": 10
Number Of Pounds I
have gained: 2
It lasted all of 15 minutes.
I was sorta bummed at the shortness of it, I have expected a full length feature film about child birth, a short lecture on what to eat, a note taking class on smoking and drinking while pregnant, a chart on body image and how much weight I will gain... and of course, complimentry breakfast for getting pregnant in the first place.
In fact, the visit was quite uneventful and boring.
The office is gorgeous though.
Gorgeous and doctor just dont fit well, but trust me, This office was like a fancy hotel! Complete with large flower arrangments on every table, large purple sofas that you simply sink in... and amazing paintings of women (what else!) on the walls. It even smelled good!
So the clinic I choose is pretty.
And while you'd think I wouldnt care about such things, I do. Im so easily pleased.
The Gyno could have come in with hair coming out of her ears and fire from her mouth and I would have shrugged and said,
"I dont care! The lobby is so pretty! And the water pitcher has little lemon slices in it like Martha Stewart!"
My baby is in good hands.
Anyway, I got weighed, I peed in a cup, I talked about s-e-x and she pushed on my stomach.
Result?
Ping-Pong is due December 4th, 2006.
Yup, it's little pet name is Ping-Pong because now, it's just about that size, with the little sac and all.... A ping pong ball. We are sooo totally lame arent we?
Anyway, I got knocked up at the worst time!
My little Ping is going to be a December baby.... right before Christmas!
Right smack dab in the middle of everyone elses b-days too...
Poor Ping.
I imagine he/she hates mommy already.
I am a measley 8 weeks along.
I will never again shrug when someone announces they are three weeks pregnant.
I will stand and cheer and bow to the floor.
This is such an "ignored" time... I never realized how hard these first weeks are for a women.
And oh, I never knew my boobs could get so big!
I sincerely hope Ben doesnt get too attatched to them, because I already want them to leave, I wont see my feet soon, and not because of my belly.
So what else?
Well, I had one of my first cravings.
A smoothie.
I wanted a smoothie so bad last weekend that I was practically in tears.
"Ben, I really, really, really, reeeeeaaaaallllllly, want a smoothie!" I whined dramatically in the car.
"Well, i dont know where to get a smoothie." He said simply.
"BEN! I WANT A SMOOTHIE!"
Now, let me tell you something, I never ever sound evil or devil-like, in fact Ben and I hardly fight...and yet at that moment it was as if I turned into a monster. I wanted that damn smoothie and I didnt care how he got it. He could have driven to China and I would have been thrilled!
But, of course he didnt drive to China. He drove to a little frozen custard place by the lake.
We sat in the super long drive thru line and I fought back the monster.
We approached the window and when I realized they didnt have smoothies of any kind, I felt my heart begin to speed in anger...
then...
I caught sight of the menu board...
and in bright black letters it said "Custard Of The Day: Almond Joy"
And I felt my mouth water.
"I want that." I demanded while pointing to the window.
Ben giggled, I giggled.
One minute I want a smoothie... the next? A dish of Almond Joy Custard.
Well, your not going to believe me...
but Im telling it anyway...
We are one car away from the window, I am dreaming about Almond Joy Custard... and Ben and I watch in utter disbelief and the sign in the window is removed...
and the lady erases Almond Joy from the list and places the sign back in window as if nothing is wrong.
"OH MY GAWD!" I cried out.
"NO WAY!" Ben laughed.
My heart broke.
I thought I was going to shoot darts out of my eyes.
Luckily, Ben hauled ass out of line and squealed down the street.
We both sat silent for a moment before bursting into laughter.
Doesnt it figure? My first craving turned into a disaster!
Thats why I went to the store and gulped down an Almond Joy candy bar.
You just cannot tease a pregnant girl like that, you just cannot!
Im making that a law.
So thats all for now.
I go back to the Doc. in 2 weeks, because I had oodles of blood tests being done.
And, I'll get to hear Ping Pongs heartbeat.
How flipping cool is that?
:::sigh:::
I cannot wait.
More Later....










1 Comments:
The first time you hear the heartbeat is the greatest moment ever. I am so happy for you Shelli - this is so cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home